About Us

Our School

Regina Coeli Catholic Primary School, Beverly Hills is part of the Eastern Region of the Archdiocese of Sydney. The school was founded in 1947 by the Sisters of St Joseph and has grown into a two-stream Catholic school from Kindergarten to Year Six. Enrolments over the past few years have remained strong with enrolments increasing from 412 in 2010 to our current enrolment of 465. It is expected that his number will remain steady over the coming years.

Our school is supported by the parish community of Beverly Hills and by an active and enthusiastic parent community. Our school has a teaching staff of 27. The teachers are supported by a teacher librarian, an English as an Additional Language/ Dialect (EAL/D) teacher, a Reading Recovery teacher, a Special Education teacher, and some 16 teachers’ aides. Our school is capably assisted by two school secretaries.

School times

The school timetable is as follows:

  • 8.45am - Morning assmebly
  • 8:50am - Classes begin
  • 10.50am - Recess
  • 11.20am - Classes resume
  • 1.20pm - Lunch 
  • 2:00pm - Classes resume
  • 3.00pm - Classes finish

School History

Regina Coeli opened in 1947 with an enrolment of 39 pupils in from Kindergarten to Grade 2. The school was staffed by the Sisters of St. Joseph - Sister Sheridan being the first Principal.

In July 2001 Stage 1 of a two-stage school renovation program was completed. During this time, eight classrooms were extended and refurbished and an administrative block was built. Stage 2 of the building program began in March 2002. Six new classrooms, a library, special purpose rooms, children’s toilets and a canteen were constructed by the end of 2002.

In 2007 the school celebrated its 60th anniversary.

The school is part of the systemic schools of the Archdiocese of Sydney. The curriculum for Catholic systemic schools is set by the NSW Government via the NSW Board of Studies (BOS).