Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School was established in the Randwick parish in 1881 and was originally run by two parishioners. The Poor Clare Sisters then administered the school until 1892. The Loreto Sisters ran the school between 1892 and 1898.
In 1898 the O.L.S.H. sisters took over the school until the Brigidine sisters arrived in 1902. When the Brigidine sisters finally left the school in 1989, the first lay principal was appointed. In 2005 new premises were completed. They comprise eight teaching rooms, library, computer, staff and administration facilities. They were officially blessed by Cardinal George Pell and opened by the Mayor of Randwick Councillor Ted Seng on 11 th December 2005.
- 1840 - Our present site was purchased by the Church. A Church school was erected.
- 1885 - Randwick-Coogee became a separate Parish run by the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart
- 1886 - A school building was opened and placed in the charge of Miss Emily Finn and her sister. Devotion to Our Lady of the Sacred Heart grew.
- 1892 - The Loreto Sisters opened a Primary Girl' boarding and day school at a site now occupied by the Little Sisters of the Poor. The present site became a Boy's School led by Mr. Walpole and later Mr Lynch.
- 1898 - The Loreto nuns moved. The present site became a Girls' school and a new wooden building was opened. OLSH Sisters from Kensington ran the school.
- 1902 - The Brigidine charism of 'Strength and Gentleness' became our school spirit.
- 1917 - The Church was enlarged. The original school building was demolished to make way for new.
- 1926 - A new presbytery was built. This is now the main building of our current Primary school.
- 1962 - The present K/1 and 5/6 Blocks were built.
- 1985 - 'Strength and Gentleness' became our school motto.
- 2005 - New school opened including 7 new classrooms, administration, library, computer lab and Visual Arts room.
- 2011 - A new school hall was completed in 2011 thanks to the Federal government's BER project. The new facilities will be blessed by Bishop Julian Porteous and opened by Mr Peter Garrett on Tuesday 6th September, 2011.