Our School

Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Primary School is located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney and draws its students from the local

parish community and the immediate local area. The school belongs to the wider Sydney Archdiocesan system of Catholic schools. The school was established in 1907 by the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart and staffed by the Daughters of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, who came to Kensington in 1894. The Daughters of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart were unable to appoint a Principal beyond 2001, therefore the first lay Principal took leadership of the school in 2002.

A feature of OLR is our Pastoral Care ethos which is based on our conviction that “as people of the heart” we treat all people with dignity and respect. Our Behaviour Management Policy is built on this premise and is articulated in our rights and responsibilities: Everyone has the right to be safe; to be happy; and to learn in a supportive environment.

OLR has developed a highly effective learning culture which reinforces shared responsibility and teamwork. Targeted Professional Development opportunities are given priority to assist teachers to keep up-to-date with the knowledge and understanding of high quality contemporary teaching and learning.