Our Lady of the Rosary is a school with a strong sense of community. We pride ourselves on being ‘People of the Heart’ and we believe that this is demonstrated through the daily living out of our Vision and Mission Statements, where we strive to continue Jesus’ mission of love and service, aiming to unite people with God and with one another. We offer a Religious Education program which ensures that the students are the core business and the focus of our mission.
It is our goal that our students will:
- grow in faith by developing their knowledge and understanding of the Catholic tradition
- develop the skills needed to participate and contribute actively as part of a cohesive community
- act as stewards for our world
- question, wonder, dream, create, reflect, laugh and sing so that they can be people of hope.
Our Lady of the Rosary has an integrated K-6 Curriculum Plan that is monitored regularly throughout the year by the School Leadership Team and Staff working in Professional Learning Teams. Two components which are vital to the success of the curriculum at OLR are:
- co-operative planning, as it ensures that all teachers work in partnership to design and develop rich and challenging learning programmes
- co-reflection sessions which act as a tool to challenge teachers’ thinking, promote reflective practice and ensure regular evaluation of impact on student growth and achievement.