About Us

Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Primary School was established in 1928 and staffed by the Sisters of St. Joseph of the Sacred Heart. The school was originally on the site of Weston Street. The Sisters of St Joseph administered the school from foundation to 2000. The Sisters continue to have a presence on the Staff of the school and the Josephite charism, instituted by St. Mary of the Cross (MacKillop), is a proud part of the school’s heritage. The first Lay Principal was appointed in 2001. At the beginning of 1992 OLR Primary moved to its present site which was previously Rosary High School (Years 7 – 10). The school has always catered for the large multicultural Catholic population of Fairfield Parish.

In 2008, Brother Nicholas Harsas, a Patrician Brother, was appointed Principal of OLR School.

Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Primary School operates in close association with the Parish of Fairfield.