Key features of our school include:
At St Charles we believe…
- Students will be challenged and supported in their personal learning journey, in an environment where high but realistic expectations are communicated and maintained.
- A quality learning environment exists where assessments are used to inform teaching and learning, and effective and timely feedback is given.
- Engaging and challenging opportunities are given to enhance the capacity for students to learn and make connections to the real world.
- Effective learning takes place through differentiated learning and enrichment opportunities which cater for individual needs.
- The environment is stimulating and the educational resources used are attractive and appealing, to provide opportunities for inquiry based learning.
- Students see themselves as learners who build upon prior learning and experience in order to develop knowledge, skills, values and attitudes which promote intellectual quality.
- Students are provided with opportunities to reflect on and discuss their learning and successes.
- Sound pedagogy takes place when there is effective communication between teachers, students, parents, the Parish and the wider community.
- Teachers are positive and enthusiastic and are provided with opportunities for their own professional development and reflective practices.