About Us

Holy Cross Catholic Primary School is located in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. The school belongs to the Sydney Archdiocesan system of Catholic schools.

The school provides a high quality Catholic education built on the beliefs and traditions of the Sisters of Mercy which embody the values of compassion, love, justice, mutual respect and care for all. Our committed staff and parents work to provide the best educational opportunities for our children. 

Strengths of our School

  • School based Sacramental Programs
  • Active and committed Parents and Friends Association
  • Specialist Teacher: Sports
  • Fully equipped Computer facilities including Internet Access
  • Extra curricular activities including: choir, chess, debating, netball, swimming program K-6
  • Student Representative Council
  • After School Care and Vacation Care on site
  • Healthy Canteen
  • On site uniform shop with online ordering

History

Holy Cross was founded in 1906 by Fr Peter O'Reilly who invited the Sisters of Mercy (Parramatta Congregation) to conduct a school in the new parish. Sr. M Dorothy and Sr .M Leonard began teaching thirty children in the original church in Adelaide Street in May 1907. 

This was the start of Holy Cross parish school. In 1908, the first official Principal, Sr M de Pazzi Dolan was appointed and an independent school, Holy Cross College was built in Edgecliff Road. Over the years Holy Cross has grown with the influential support of Parish Priests and the Sisters of Mercy.