History

Related Documents

178 Years of Dedication

  • 1827: Parents begin their school
  • 1834: Dr Ullathorne establishes Liverpool Catholic School
  • 1837: Fr Therry reorganizes the school
  • 1838: Liverpool Parish created; Fr Marum as First P.P.
  • 1878: Fr Luckie invites the Sisters of Charity to Liverpool; They open Loreto Convent and begin parish work. Mother M.Joseph Chisholm is first Superior
  • 1879: Sisters of Charity commence St Mary’s High School
  • 1882: Education Act abolishes State Aid to Catholic schools - Sisters replace lay teachers. Sr Stanislaus Barrett replaces Mrs Cahill as Head of School
  • 1885: Loreto Convent renamed “St Mary’s Convent”
  • 1886: Mrs Cahill gives land to the Sisters
  • 1888: Sisters commence Orphanage
  • 1902: New High school building
  • 1920: Primary and High schools amalgamate as Intermediate School
  • 1950: St Mary’s Primary and Girls’ High Schools separate again
  • 1950’s: Change in Immigration policy influx of new students
  • 1953: New Infants’ Block opened
  • 1954: Patrician Brothers open Grades 5-6 Boys’ School.  St Mary’s Primary School Boys K-4; Girls K-6
  • 1964: New All Saints Church; School Hall and three classrooms built
  • 1960’s: State Aid to Catholic schools reintroduced; Decline in vocations to Religious Teaching Orders
  • 1970: Orphanage demolished for building of Schools and Hall
  • 1972: St Mary’s relocated in new buildings on “The Block”
  • 1978: Centenary of Sisters’ arrival in Liverpool
  • 1991: St Mary’s Primary reverts to coeducational K-6 school
  • 1996: St Mary’s renamed All Saints’ Catholic Primary School
  • 2006: All Saints’ Catholic Primary School reverts to Lay Principalship
  • 2013: Celebrated 175 year anniversary of the Sisters of Charity
  • 2014: Celebrated 175th anniversary year of the All Saints Parish
  • 2015: Adoption of flexible learning spaces in Stage 3