We specialize in the following services:
We have mentored and assisted the Defense Department in its mission by applying our engineering services to improve capabilities for exploitation, target access, team collaboration, rapid response, analysis tools, data dissemination, and overall situational awareness, internally, as well as with other government customers in a globally networked and integrated environment. We have applied experience with J2EE technologies and distributed computing for high-availability systems that directly support the goals of the Intelligence Community mission.
We specialize in applying a wide breadth of software engineering technologies and methodologies to:
- Cloud Computing
- Data Visualization
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) & Web Applications
- Wireless Security & Anomaly Detection
- Information Assurance
- Service Oriented Architectures
- Low Latency, Real-time Applications
SW Complete has provided information technology services to both commercial and government customers since 2001. Our practical, hands-on approach to enabling technologies in support of distributed application development through the use of web/e-commerce applications, is directly applicable to the services the Intelligence Community needs. Specifically, our staff has applied state-of-the-art information technology solutions by performing these activities:
- Re-implemented consumer auction site using Java Server Pages (JSP) and Java Servlets to provide auction site networking, new auction models, XML interfaces, automated object-relational mapping, and database portability.
- Developed system components for enterprise portal application using J2EE technologies for the Defense Department's Initial Transformation Activity; deployed web applications for use inside and outside the portal. Commercial products used include Sybase Enterprise Application Server, Sybase Enterprise Portal, BEA Weblogic, and Oracle PL/SQL
- Provided object-oriented technology mentoring to help seed an organization's development team's approach for software development and maintenance.
- Provided software process improvements, such as peer review, distributed source code control, scripted software release management, wide-spread adoption of unit testing, similar to Extreme Programming (XP).
- Performed software product testing and evaluation to make technical recommendations to the customer whether or not the tools provide overall value to their organization, based on current requirements and projections for future growth/utilization. Tools evaluated include: integrated development environments (IDEs), automated test, performance/optimization, configuration management, object-oriented analysis/design (UML), J2EE application servers, open source frameworks, and Python GUI toolkits.
- Integrated network system components using BEA Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Java Agent Development framework (JADE), and MQ Series middleware.
- Provided system and network administration in support of large, distributed networks.
In addition to developing custom software solutions, we provide on-site acceptance testing, installation support, and operator training. SW Complete staff have trained the operators responsible for operating, managing, monitoring, and configuring the delivered systems on a daily basis. Training courses typically include the following topics:
- Basic Hardware and Operation
- Basic Operating System Operation
Tracking changes to the system once it has been deployed and is operational is key to quality lifecycle support. We employ strict configuration management practices before, during and after system development, to ensure 100% mission success.
SW Complete takes great pride in our reputation for customer support and training. We have experience with on-site training and mentoring in support of the understanding of software architectures, object-oriented analysis and design, programming, process improvement, configuration management, software testing, and lifecycle support. Our staff has developed and delivered courses in object-oriented software development, UML, C++, Java/J2EE, including XML, HTML, web services and service-oriented architectures. We have also provided end-user training in a number of domains, including data visualization, air traffic control, office automation, project scheduling, and customer relationship management.
The senior engineers employed by SW Complete have provided domain understanding, requirements analysis, complex problem solving, business process re-engineering, and process improvement strategies to meet the demands of an evolving information age within the Defense Department and the Intelligence Community. Our experience working side-by-side with Government and commercial customers to help shape their approach to systems engineering has given us valuable insight into what is required to successfully implement process improvement changes. By using our own development process as a starting point for our customers, we establish confidence in the success of each customer's project. Our team's experience derives from software development contracts which require us to successfully deliver software on-time and on-budget, improving software development and earned value management practices. Our approach to systems engineering also enhances documentation of existing processes, and where needed, creates and documents new processes to develop an integrated, cohesive, software and systems engineering capability.