Welcome to the Southwest Cooperative Google Intranet
This new system, powered by Google, will provide Gmail to our school, as well as a suite of other Google products such as Google Docs and Sites that will enable us to better communicate, share, and collaborate. We will be joining over 8 million other students and teachers that are already using Google Apps at schools around the world.
What are the benefits of Google Apps?
- Anytime, anywhere access - Google Apps works in any browser on any computer, mobile device or tablet, which means you can access your email, calendars, and documents from school, home or on the road.
- Unlimited storage for email and documents.
- No flash drives required with documents and files stored in Google Docs.
- Staff, Teachers and Students can easily collaborate with each other, working together on group projects.
- Teachers can be involved throughout the whole assignment process providing comments and feedback directly in the documents.
- Through websites, calendars, and email, parents can stay informed about the latest assignments and activities.
- Lower infrastructure and support cost.
- No advertisements on Google Apps/services
What does this mean for our Staff?
In July your email account will be moved to Google. Watch for future emails that will explain how to access your new account.