RSU 12 INSPIRES GROWTH, CHANGE AND SUCCESS!
STUDENTS LEARN IN DIFFERENT WAYS.
STUDENTS LEARN IN DIFFERENT TIME FRAMES.
SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS AND INFLUENCES ESTEEM, ATTITUDE, AND MOTIVATION.
MISTAKES ARE INHERENT IN LEARNING.
RSU #12 Gifted and Talented Program Goals for Gifted Students
￼1. THE GIFTED AND TALENTED PROGRAM WILL FOSTER HIGHER LEVELS OF SELF-KNOWLEDGE IN LEARNERS
- Demonstrate higher levels of self-knowledge including but not limited to their: interests, strengths, identities, how they learn, the influence of their beliefs and values of their own learning and behavior
- Demonstrate higher levels of compassion toward their peers
- Engage with peers with similar interests/abilities
- Participate in mentorships
2. ANNUAL ACADEMIC GROWTH WILL BE DEMONSTRATED IN TARGETED AREA(S) BASED ON ANNUAL GOALS
Gifted and talented personnel will demonstrate student growth through the use of measurement tools such as:
- State standardized achievement tests
- Student learning objective tasks
- Common assessment tasks
- Curriculum tracking methods employed by the educational team
- Measurement of student’s annual learning goals
3. PROGRAMMING WILL FOSTER PERSONAL AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop positive peer relationships and social interactions
- ￼Develop personal and social responsibility and leadership skills
- Develop and use positive strategies to address social issues, including discrimination and stereotyping
- Develop and use communication skills. This may be oral, written or creative expression
4. PROGRAMMING WILL EMPHASIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF INVOLVEMENT AND UTILIZATION OF COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND RESOURCES
Programming will include:
- Communication via technology: e-mail, google classrooms, etc.
- The use of local organizations and members as resources and learning tools
- Surveying both the educational and local communities for input for programming if and when necessary
- The development and implementation of a gifted education selection process which includes representation from various parts of the learning community