Southern Valley Schools
The Southern Valley Foundation has scholarships available for graduates that are currently attending college or vocational school, or have attended college or vocational school and have moved back to the Southern Valley School District to work.
To obtain an application write to:
Melinda Hunt, Counselor, at
43739 Highway 89, Oxford, NE
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 308-868-2222
Applications must be returned by June 1, 2018
2018-19 School Calendar
Southern Valley Elementary and Southern Valley Junior/Senior High are located 8 miles south of Oxford on Highway 46, 10 miles east of Beaver City on Highway 89, and 10 miles west of Orleans on Highway 89.
The Southern Valley system consists of six communities; Beaver City, Edison, Hendley, Orleans, Oxford, and Stamford. Our ethnic characteristics consist of a majority of Caucasians, with a small minority population. The communities are supported by agriculture, five financial institutions, and other small businesses. Southern Valley Schools is currently classified by the Nebraska Schools Activity Association as Class C-2 in most activities. Our school offers a diverse curriculum with advanced courses in math, science, English, industrial technology, art, and business. At the elementary level the curriculum is aligned for continuity and consistency district wide for our students. Our school endeavors to meet the needs of all students through a variety of programs. Our Title I program serves elementary students. Four full time resource teachers are provided. Speech Pathologists and Preschool / Alternative Kindergarten services are provided through the Educational Service Unit 11.
We Believe ……
- Each individual student should have an opportunity for an education (appropriate for his/her individual needs and interests through a variety of curricular offerings.
- This “excellence” has a different meaning for different students based on uniqueness of individuals.
- Students should receive their education in a safe environment that is conducive to learning.
- A major part of the educational experience should lead towards a healthy self-worth of students.
- Education is a shared responsibility between the school, the parents, the community, and the student.
- A level of mutual respect should be maintained between all individuals who share a role in the learning process.
- Communication is a crucial element of successful education.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Learning should lead to the development of responsible individuals who are problem solvers and who are contributing members of our society.
Southern Valley’s Mission
The mission of the Southern Valley School District is to create a positive atmosphere in which all students, through a well-rounded curriculum based on high educational standards, are provided an opportunity for continuing success.
In Accordance with Federal Law, the Southern Valley School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, marital status, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment of employment, in its programs and activities. The following person(s) has/have been designated to handle inquiries regarding complaints, grievance procedures or the application of these policies of nondiscrimination:
Title: Mr. Bryce Jorgenson, Supt. Of Schools
Address: 43739 Highway 89, Oxford, NE 68967
Phone #: 308-868-2222