About FFA (find out more at http://www.ffa.org/)
Future Farmers of America...right?
Actually, its the National FFA Organization;
Changed in 1988 from "Future Farmers of America" to reflect the expanding career field of Agricultural Education.
The FFA motto gives members twelve short words to live by as they experience the opportunities in the organization. Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve.
To accomplish its mission, FFA:
- Develops competent and assertive agricultural leadership.
- Increases awareness of the global and technological importance of agriculture and its contribution to our well-being.
- Strengthens the confidence of agriculture students in themselves and their work.
- Promotes the intelligent choice and establishment of an agricultural career.
- Encourages achievement in supervised agricultural experience programs.
- Encourages wise management of economic, environmental and human resources of the community.
- Develops interpersonal skills in teamwork, communications, human relations and social interaction.
- Builds character and promotes citizenship, volunteerism and patriotism.
- Promotes cooperation and cooperative attitudes among all people.
- Promotes healthy lifestyles.
- Encourages excellence in scholarship
FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.