This information is intended for faculty and staff. For student-related information on iTunes U, click here
Step 1: Enable iTunes U for the course or organization in Blackboard
You can enable iTunes U for any course or organization in Blackboard for sharing audio files, video files, and PDF documents:
- Log into Blackboard and navigate to the course or organization for which you want to enable iTunes U.
- If "Control Panel" is not already expanded (in the left-hand column), click it to expand it.
- Click on "Course Tools" to expand it.
- Click on "iTunes U" at the bottom of the Course Tools list. Then, wait patiently or get a drink from the refrigerator--the next screen may take 30 seconds or more to appear.
- If you are not reusing content from a previous semester's iTunes U course page, simply click the "Enable" button. If you wish to reuse content from a previous semester's iTunes U course page, select that course from the list and then click "Enable." Once again, wait patiently or get another beverage--the next screen may take 30 seconds or more to appear.
Step 2: Add a link to your new iTunes U page
In order for your students/participants to access your newly-enabled iTunes U course page (and for faster access for you), you'll need to place a link somewhere in the course where they can reach it.
- Click on a content area in the left-hand course menu (for example, "Information").
- Make sure Edit mode is On (look in the upper right corner of the webpage).
- Move your mouse pointer over the "Add Interactive Tool" menu and click on "iTunes U Link"
- Whatever you type into the "Name" field will be the text of your new link. We recommend simply typing "iTunes U" or something similar. If you wish to add a description, we recommend including a link to our short video instructions for students on accessing materials you post on iTunes U: http://screencast.com/t/MGVlOGRhNz.
- Click the Submit button at the top or bottom of the page.
Step 3: Add material to your iTunes U page
Need more information on other related topics? Click here
to visit the general help page for iTunes U at SU.