http://www.teacher.org/ How to become a teacher...
Welcome to the the 2016-2017 school year.
- We met on Friday, Sept. 30, 2016 during lunch to discuss the State FTA Meeting.
- The State meeting will be on Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2016 in Columbia, MO from 8:30 - Noon.
- We will be taking a bus to the meeting.
- If you are interested in joining our local FTA chapter & did not attend this meeting, please stop by the HS Library to sign up.
- Chapter dues are $10.00 and the State t-shirt is $10.00.
- If you would like to order a t-shirt, please let me know by Friday, October 6th.
- I need to submit the order by then in order to receive them by the end of the month.
- I will accept cash or a checks made out to Sturgeon FTA.
Ideas we have thought of so far:
- If you have any ideas for fundraisers, please let Rachel G., our district ambassador, know so she check to see if we have permission to try it.
- We need to raise some funds to help offset the cost of state chapter dues, helping with Teacher Appreciation Week, and other ideas throughout the year.
- Hat day/PJ Day
- Selling root beer floats at lunch
- Duct Tape fundraiser (class/group who raises the most will be able to duct tape a faculty member to the wall)
- Selling Walking Tacos at lunch
- Selling Dum-Dum suckers at lunch
Sturgeon R-V High School
Future Teacher's of America national website
Maddie E., State FTA President 2012-2013 presiding over the meeting at Jesse Hall (MU Campus) in Columbia, MO.