Due Sept. 30 - Famous Entrepreneurs Wiki Pt.2
Now that you have created a wiki page for a famous entrepreneur, it's time to add something to someone ele's wiki page. That's what wikis are for!
- Chose someone ele's wiki page and add a sentence or two with some new or different information that wasn't already there.
- Be sure to list your source and add your name to the page
- If someone else has already added something to the page, chose another one.
- Message me on OLE when you have finished.
Due Sept. 30 - Business Idea Organizer
Decide on a business to create for upcoming class projects that will involve writing, computer drawing, spreadsheets, and more. The business you choose will be the one that you will have to continue to use throughout the assignments, so choose carefully and wisely.
1) Create a New document in Word or Pages
2) Type your name and section at the top.
3) Skip two or three lines and type the title “Business Idea Organizer”
4) Copy the questions below and paste them into your document.
5) Type your answers under each question.
6) Upload your document to your locker and also attatch it to this assignment. (Just attach your document. Don't write anything in the answer section)
Questions: (Give practical answers in complete sentences and bulleted lists)
1. What type of business will you be starting (service, manufacturing, wholesale, retail)?
2. In what city and state will your business be located?
3. What type of area will you put your business in? A large mall, a corporate park, a small shopping complex, on a street?
4. What will be the name of your business?
5. Why did you choose this business? What do you know about it or want to know? Be specific.
6. How big will your business be? Will it be small, medium, or very large? Compare it to a real business that is the same size that you want your business to be. Keep in mind what your business will do and make the size appropriate and practical. For instance, you probably wouldn’t need a huge warehouse-type store if you were to run a bakery.
7. How will you try to make it a success? Think of how to get people to go there and what you will do to make them want to come back again. List some of your ideas.
8. Use the Web to search (Google, etc.) for one or two other businesses that are similar to the business you have chosen. List the two businesses and write one sentence about each business and a reason why yours would be better.
When you are finished, don't forget to attach your document to the Assignment in OLE.