A K-12 public school system of approximately 4,200 students, Pleasant Valley is located in the northeast quadrant of the Iowa Quad Cities. The district encompasses the eastern portion of Bettendorf and runs north along the beautiful Mississippi River to include Riverdale, Panorama Park, and LeClaire. The district's mission statement emphasizes preparation, innovation, and customization. The district's goal is to provide an instructional and extracurricular program of unsurpassed excellence.
The Pleasant Valley Community School District welcomes your interest in our schools. We hope you find this website useful and informative. The district is experiencing a dynamic growth pattern and we recommend that individuals looking for homes contact our Belmont Administration Office (563-332-5550) or www.pleasval.k12.ia.us to make sure they have the most recent information as to room at grade levels for each of our elementary buildings. Please see the link for 2013-14 Kindergarten under enrollment.
525 Belmont Road
Bettendorf, IA 52722
Located in the Quad City Metropolitan area of eastern Iowa, the Pleasant Valley Community School District serves the education needs of approximately 4,200 students in five K-6 elementary schools, one 7-8 junior high, and one 9-12 high school. All buildings are air-conditioned and equipped with state of the art technology.
It is our goal to provide children a K-12 education experience of unsurpassed quality. The foundation to our current and future success is comprised of ...
...involved, caring parents -- each school has a highly active parent organization and a variety of energetic booster ated and hold high standards for their children and the school district.
...an accomplished faculty -- the Pleasant Valley faculty is individually and collectively recognized for educational excellence and a shared commitment to nurturing and challenging students to reach their full potential.
...excellent programming and educational resources -- a vibrant curriculum, rich collections of books, varied learning resources, and air-conditioned facilities provide extensive support for academic enrichment and growth.
- Salary and benefit schedules that attract and retain high quality faculty and staff
- Lowest property tax levy rate in Scott County
- Excellent facilities and equipment maintained and updated on an ongoing basis
- Debt-free financial position
- Broad community support for bond referendums, Instructional Support Levy, local option sales tax for school infrastructure and voted Physical Plant and Equipment Levy (PPEL)
The development of life-long learners is a key strategic goal. The district models this expectation in the selection, professional development, and retention of its faculty and staff. Supporting the belief that quality teaching is the single most important variable a district can influence, Pleasant Valley provides:
- A rigorous two-year mentoring program for all beginning teachers
- Ongoing professional development
- An emphasis on the study and acquisition of "best practice" in the field of education
- Encouragement toward the pursuit of advanced degree work
- Leadership opportunities