Information‎ > ‎

History of St. Philip Parish, Melbourne, Kentucky


Founded in 1910, St. Philip parish has tried to serve the spiritual needs of Catholics and others of eastern Campbell County for close to one hundred years.  Parishioners pride themselves for living their faith, maintaining an elementary school and other religious education programs, offering a place where people can also gather to socialize and work on projects both for the parish and for the county.  "Stewardship" as a perspective through which they value their faith is readily seen in the way they give their "time, talent, and treasure."

The Church has overlooked U.S. Route #8 for over one hundred years.  "Living stones," the people of God, have kept the "brick and mortar" in shape over the years.

History Documents
Baptisms 1910-Feb 1927
 

1937—The Great Flood at St. Philip



1937—The Great Flood at St. Philip



St. Philip Church 75th Jubilee




Laying of the Corner Stone for St. Philip Church November 1908







St. Philip School 1922



Bill Twehues and Joan Twehues-Schultz in front of St. Philip Church 1952



Building of St. Philip Parish Center 2002


Building of St. Philip Parish Center 2002


St. Philip Church Alter 1910



August 1912 the new residence was ready for occupancy

 


Monsignor John V. Hegenauer and First Special Ministers of Holy Communion Late 1970's