We really appreciate all of the student leadership essays that were submitted and we know that you are anxious to find out who the new student leaders are, however, we have some details yet to iron out. First of all, for the upcoming 2016 - 17 season we will not be having a Robot or a Business Captain. Secondly, due to the increasing student enrollment and the high workload that student leaders take on it has been decided to split the Mechanical and Controls leadership positions into dual leadership positions (see below). Thirdly, we are introducing a new Student Leadership position (which is open for applications): Business Outreach Student Leader. This leadership position will be responsible for team outreach opportunities, awards submissions and will share Business responsibilities with the Business PR/Fundraising Student Leader. If you are interested in the Business Outreach Student Leader position please reply with a 500 word essay by Friday, May 13th. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know.
The leadership structure will be as follows:
- Mechanical Fabrication Student Leader (shared responsibility for all Mechanical)
- Mechanical Systems Integration Student Leader (shared responsibility for all Mechanical)
- Controls Programming Student Leader (shared responsibility for all Controls)
- Controls Electrical Student Leader (shared responsibility for all Controls)
- Business PR/Fundraising Student Leader (shared responsibility for all Business)
- Business Outreach Student Leader (shared responsibility for all Business)