Year 11 students are encouraged to utilise the facilities of the
Careers Resource Centre. Please request an appointment with a Careers Practitioner
to discuss your VCE studies, future directions; career options and enrichment
Enhance your chances for tertiary selection
- You may not have the time to do this in Year 12, so do this NOW!
- Build up your art folio; research on tertiary courses; find out
about courses; interstate universities; consider a work experience
placement in the career of your choice
- (remember, when checking course pre-requistes use the CourseLink and CourseSearch programs on the VTAC website for the most up to date list of courses.)
Attend Open Days, Seminars, Summer School
- Read the Career News each week to find out which institutions or industries are offering programs in the coming weeks.
- Open Days are usually held from July to September; prepare
questions to ask; enrichment opportunities are usually advertised in the
Newsletter or in the daily memo. Check the list of Open Day dates here.
- Talk to friends & relatives about their tertiary studies and jobs (you will surely learn something new)
- Make the most of the SKC Careers Evening, Tuesday 28 July, 2015
(After all, most courses select by ATAR!)
Assistance on study skills, examination techniques is available from
tutors, subject teachers and the Senior Studies Coordinator.