The aims of
our Department are for the pupils to:
- Develop physical competence.
- Improve co-ordination and body
- Experience enjoyment and success
through active participation.
- Appreciate the aesthetic elements.
- Develop knowledge and understanding
of the different types of activities available.
- Develop confidence and self esteem
when working individually or in pairs/groups.
- Develop a positive approach/awareness
of social skills in self and others.
- Develop an awareness of safety in
- Have the opportunities to develop
problem solving skills/strategies.
- Develop an understanding of the
importance of a healthy lifestyle including diet and regular physical activity.
Education programme during Key Stages 3 & 4 is planned to ensure that the
curriculum is broad, balanced and relevant.