Ms. Isaacs Kindergarten Class
Thanks again to Dr. Russell and Ms. Hamilton for your visit this week. It was an amazing learning experience for us to be able to create and examine our own X-Rays. We had a wonderful time.
Star of the Week this week is Alexandria Lee. Enjoy Legs!!!
1) Please keep in mind that we are now into winter temperatures and precipitation. It is crucial for the children to be dressed appropriately. If you haven't already, now is the time to send along hats, mitts, warm jackets, boots, and snow pants. We will be enjoying the snow as much as possible!! It might be a good idea to pack an extra pair of socks and gym pants just incase they get wet.
2) All children should have outdoor footwear, a pair of indoor shoes to be worn in school, and a pair of sneakers to be work only in gym.
3) There is no Homework, baggie book, or sight words this week. For this weeks homework, we would kindly ask that you do some practice with your child. We'd like you to help them become as independent as possible in getting all their outdoor gear on as quickly and properly as possible. Your help is greatly appreciated.
4) During Parent Teacher Interviews many of you asked about other reading materials for extra practice for your child. Here is a link to the books I have and recommend:
5) There was a mistake with the Sign Up Genius and future Star of Week students will be moved ahead a week. Sorry for this confusion. The dates for the upcoming Stars of the Week are listed below.
Monday, February 11th- Xavier Parsons
6) This is week 1 on the new cafeteria menu. There will be no regular cafeteria services on Tuesday, but there is turkey dinner for those who pre-ordered. Also, there will be no cafeteria services on Thursday, December 20th or Friday, December 21.
7) Social Justice Movie Day- Monday will be our Social Justice Movie Day. Students are asked to donate up to $5.00. In exchange for their donation, they get to wear their jeans or other comfortable clothes and get to watch a movie with their Holland Hall friends in the afternoon. There will also be an opportunity to purchase popcorn from the Grade 5 classes. Popcorn is .50 cents.
8) Christmas Concert- Our Christmas concert is this Thursday evening at 6:30pm in the Gym. All students are expected to be in full uniform (including their tie, sweater and dark shoes). Students are asked to meet the teachers in the Aula Maxima at 6:00pm. Please note, the doors will not open before this time as there is no supervision available before 6:00pm. At the end of the evening, all students will return to the Aula Maxima. Parents must pick them up there. Please check in with me before leaving with your child, so I know they have been picked up. Tickets for the concert are available in the main office from Ms. Noseworthy. There are 4 per family. Tickets are not sold at the door and must be picked up no later than Tuesday!
9) Recycling Blitz- Our December blitz will take place on Saturday from 9:30am- 11:00 in the basement of Holland Hall. Its a great chance for you to clear out before Christmas and help the school. You may even win one of our $10 prizes!
10) Kindergarten and Grade 1 Craft Morning- We are planning a craft morning on Monday, December 17th. The children will rotate through the 4 classrooms, completing a Christmas craft in each room. We will need some parent volunteers to help in each classroom. Please keep an eye out for our Sign-Up Genius. Your help is greatly appreciated.
- Thursday, December 13th- Primary Christmas Concert at 6:30pm
- Wednesday, December 19th- Kindergarten's sing at the Airport at 12:00pm. They will sing at noon and then have lunch before returning to school.
- Thursday, December 20th- Red/Green Day. Wear something red and or green today to show your Christmas Spirit.
- Friday, December 21st- Christmas break begins. Dismissal at 1:00pm
- Monday, January 7th- School re opens. It will be Day7.
- Monday, January 14th- Lottery Launch
- Friday, January 18th- Kinderstart- No classes for Kindergarten students.
- Friday, January 25th- The Rooms- Printmaking
- Friday, January 25th- Term 1 Reports go home
- Thursday, January 31st- Parent/Teacher Interviews- Noon dismissal for students
Weekly Memo December 10th-14th week
Monday- Day 4
Social Justice Day (Bring along your donation)
Social Justice Movie Popcorn Sale- .50 cents
Wear your jeans or comfy clothes!
Tuesday- Day 5
Turkey Dinner for those who pre ordered.
No cafeteria Service
Thursday- Day 7
Wear your gym uniform to keep uniform clean for concert.
Christmas Concert 6:30pm in the Gym. Drop off at 6:00 in the Aula. Wear FULL UNIFORM, including dark footwear and sweater.
Friday- Day 1
Saturday, December 15th- Recycling Blitz 9:30- 11:00am.
Baggie Books- Please look under baggie book tab for more details. Books can be exchanged on Wednesday if you would like a new book. We encourage 2 books a week.
Chartwells- Ordering online is available. If you send in an order through your child's folder, please ensure their name is on it.
Water bottles- Please send in a water bottle for your child. It is that time of year when we all get sick. Having your own water bottle helps.