Colorado has a state-supervised and county-administered human services system. Under this system, county departments are the main provider of direct services to Colorado’s families, children, and adults.
Collaborating with our partners, our mission is to design and deliver high quality human services and healthcare that improve the safety, independence, and well-being of the people of Colorado.
The people of Colorado are safe, healthy, and prepared to achieve their greatest aspirations.
The Colorado Department of Human Services will:
- Make decisions with, and act in the best interests of, the people we serve because Colorado's success depends on their well-being.
- Share information, seek input, and explain our actions because we value accountability and transparency.
- Manage our resources efficiently because we value responsible stewardship.
- Promote a positive work environment to support and develop employees, because their performance is essential to Colorado’s success.
- Meaningfully engage our partners and the people we serve because we must work together to achieve the best outcomes.
- Commit to continuous learning because Coloradans deserve effective solutions today and forward-looking innovation for tomorrow.