Colorado’s Veterans Community Living Centers are located in the following areas:
Colorado’s Veterans Community Living Centers offer the following services:
- Long-term care: These services include skilled nursing care; speech, physical and occupational therapy; social activities; and assistance with bathing, dressing and other daily activities.
- Short-term rehabilitation: Individuals seeking to return home following a qualifying hospital stay can work to regain skills and improve physical strength, endurance and aerobic capacity through Medicare-certified rehabilitation services.
- Domiciliary cottages (similar to assisted living): The Veterans Community Living Center at Homelake (Monte Vista) offers assisted living-like services in 48 recently renovated cottages.
- Memory care services: Specialized care for individuals with dementia is offered in all Veterans Community Living Centers. Secure units are available at the Veterans Community Living Centers at Fitzsimons, Florence, Rifle and Walsenburg.
- Short-term “respite” care: Respite care can provide a helpful option when homecare providers are unavailable. These short-term stays are offered at the Veterans Community Living Centers at Florence, Homelake, Rifle and Walsenburg.
- End-of-life/hospice services: Comfort-oriented care is offered at all Veterans Community Living Centers.
Colorado's Veterans Community Living Centers serve honorably discharged veterans, veterans’ spouses/widows and “Gold-Star” parents, any of whose children died while serving in the Armed Forces.
Our mission and vision
Mission: Under the direction of the Colorado Department of Human Services, the mission of the Veterans Community Living Centers is to honor and serve our nation's veterans, their spouses and Gold Star Parents by creating opportunities for meaningful activity, continued growth and feelings of self-worth in resident-centered long-term care and supportive living environments.
Vision: Our vision is that residents experience compassion, dignity and companionship in communities filled with life, love and laughter.