Share Your Experience. We'd love to hear from you.

We welcome your feedback about Division of Child Welfare staff members, as well as county and community partners. Please use the form below to offer a formal compliment.

Recognize a Shining Star 
Tell us how a someone involved with Colorado's child welfare system made a difference.   

Complaints About County Child Welfare Practice

A complaint about Colorado county child welfare practice or a 24-hour facility licensed by the CDHS Division of Child Welfare should be sent to the State Department of Human Services. Complaints will be researched and a response made to the complainant. A complaint may be e-mailed, mailed through the U.S. Postal System, or faxed using the complaint form linked HERE. A complaint may also be made by calling the phone number listed below.  

Colorado Department of Human Services
1575 Sherman St., 8th Floor 
Denver, CO.  80203-1714
Phone Number: 303-866-4511
Fax Number:  303-866-4047

Each county has a Citizens Review Panel whose purpose is to provide a forum for grievances concerning the conduct of county department personnel in performing their duties. Further information is available regarding the Citizen Review process at Conflict Resolution Process (C.R.S. 19-3-211).

Complaints Involving the Courts and the Judicial Systems
Complaints involving the Courts and the Judicial Systems should be made to each respective office, and complaints involving the Guardian Ad Litem, Attorney Special Advocate or Child's Representative should be made to the Colorado Office of the Child's Representative.

The Office of Colorado’s Child Protection Ombudsman 
The Office of Colorado’s Child Protection Ombudsman is required by the Legislature to serve as an independent state agency that investigates complaints and grievances about child protection services, seek and recommend system improvements, & serve as a resource.