West Stanly Middle School Mission
Engage. Empower. Encourage.
School, District, and State Goals:
- WSMS Vision: West Stanly Middle School creates 21st century learning experiences through a commitment to high quality education, student growth, and service to our community.
- Stanly County Schools Goal 3: All schools are safe and caring environments designed to support the social, emotional, and intellectual success of all students, promote respect, and cultivate enthusiasm for learning.
- North Carolina State Board of Education Goal 3: North Carolina public school students will be healthy and responsible.
- Every learning environment will be inviting, respectful, supportive, inclusive, and flexible for student success.
- Every school provides an environment in which each child has positive, nurturing relationships with caring adults.
- Every school promotes a healthy, active lifestyle where students are encouraged to make responsible choices.
- Every school focuses on developing strong student character, personal responsibility, and community/world involvement.
- Every school reflects a culture of learning that empowers and prepares students to be life-long learners.
Expectations for Classroom Integration:
- Teachers should hold class discussions each week regarding the character trait of the month.
- Students should complete activities each week that reinforce their learning.
- Coaches should be actively involved in their assigned teams.