330 FM 2094 Kemah, TX 77565
Dr. Britani Moses
Ms. Tammy Tagle
School Colors: Blue/White
The mission of LaVace Stewart Elementary School is to form a partnership with parents and the community to prepare our diverse population of students to become life long learners in a nurturing, safe environment with high expectations so they will become responsible, productive citizens in an ever-changing society.
LaVace Stewart Elementary School was the first public school in Kemah, Texas. Originally named Kemah Elementary it was constructed in 1912. In 1965 it was renamed in honor of LaVace Stewart whose teaching and administrative career spanned over four decades. The school was moved to a brick building in 1950 on its
In 1997, a new building was built for Stewart Elementary. In 1998, Stewart Elementary became one of the now
four elementary campuses serving bilingual students from all over the district.