Point Value 50
GRID METHOD-PORTRAIT #1
DUE AT THE BEGINNING OF CLASS 2/27/15
Using the photo of the Classic Hollywood Movie Star that was provided,
draw half of a perfect portrait.
Grid Method Eye Drawing 40 Points
Using the eye photo and grid paper that was provided you in class, draw a perfect copy of the eye photo.
1. Make sure that the grid paper and the photo are numbered exactly
2. Use the "isolator" that we made in class to look only at the contents of one square on the grid at a time.
3. Pay attention to your angles and where lines enter and exit the square. (I even draw a reminder angle on the back of my paper.)
4. Start the drawing where there are strong lines (I like to start at the pupil).
5. Draw the outlines of shapes first. Save the shading for LAST. Shade the entire picture at the same time.
6. Quit thinking of the photo as an eye and scaring the pants off of yourself! Think of it as a series of shapes, angles and values that can be copied exactly (and easily!). Remember, you already know how to draw shapes and form. You did it again last class!
EXTRA CREDIT: Color your drawn eye with colored pencils as expertly as you can. Copy original value
REMEMBER: Name, date and title!
REMEMBER: Contact Mrs. Bonney if you get frustrated or otherwise need help!