Crayola ColorCycle Recycling Program
Weekly Classroom Recycling
Wednesday & Friday Mornings
Two students carry/empty your classroom container into the large hallway bins by 9:00am.
Hallway bins are stationed as follows:
NOT for recycling: Vanilla Crunchies, wrappers, pencils/shavings, tissue, paper towels & food soiled items.
OK for Compost: Tissue, paper towels, popcorn/sacks & pizza boxes.
In the Cafeteria
Some students have shared tips on separating lunch waste quicker or reducing messes.
- Separate plastic & trash before getting up from your table.
- If you had a sandwich, hold your tray & edge of the plastic wrap when
dumping Food & Paper. It won't accidentally go into the wrong one.
- Stand up from the table before picking up your lunch tray.
- When you sit down, turn your tray so the milk is at the top.
- Put your tray down on the condiment table & use both hands on pump.
Mr. Barnhart quote: "Food and Paper in the 'big one', Plastic and Trash in the bucket."