LATIN HONOR SOCIETY
- The newly-installed officers for the 2019-2020 school year have met to plan out some activities for the year. Take a look at the calendar below!
- This year's Night of Excellence, the program at which new members are inducted into their various honor societies, will be held on Tuesday, October 29 [This is a change from Monday, October 21], 6:00-8:00 PM in the RHS auditorium. More information will be released as it becomes available.
- Membership by invitation is open to active Latin students who have taken at least one year of Latin at Riverbend High School.
- The requirements of membership include:
- 1) being currently enrolled in a Latin class at RHS
- 2) having earned an "A" average in the previous year's study of Latin
- 3) being a current member of the Riverbend High School Latin Club, and hence, the National Junior Classical League
- 4) being of good moral character
- In order to remain in good standing, a member must maintain an "A" average in Latin class.
- The Riverbend Chapter of the National Latin Honor Society functions under a charter written and approved by its members.
- Read about the original National Latin Honor Society sponsored by the Association for the Promotion of the Study of Latin.
- President: Alexa Norbeck '20
- Vice President: Josh Liberman '21
- Secretary: Mary Hiney '21
Ben, Emily, Maddie, Madison, and Lexi enjoy gelato after the Latin Honor Society scavenger hunt in downtown Fredericksburg
Latin Students of the Month
November 2018: Emily Alley
December 2018: Josie Van Rooy
January 2019: Nicki Choquette
February 2019: not awarded
March 2019: Josh Liberman