Grundy Center Physical Education
· Please check the Physical Education bulletin board for information regarding daily class activities.
· If we are wearing heart rate monitors, Mr. Lindeman or Ms. Hasken will start your watches.
· After class is over and students have changed clothes, all students will stay in the gym and wait for teacher dismissal.
1st Offense: Warning
2nd Offense: Half credit for the day
PE clothes must be different than clothes worn to school
· Appropriate short or long sleeve t-shirt shirt (cut off t-shirts are not permitted)
· Athletic shorts or pants
· Athletic shoes and socks – PE shoes must be different from daily school shoes
· If you wear a sweatshirt or sweatpants to PE, you must wearing it the entire class period.
(Loaner clothes may be available for students)
· Each student will be assigned his/her own locker.
· You are responsible for locking your locker. The school is not responsible for stolen items if a locker is left unlocked.
· If you forget your combination or have a problem with your locker, please contact your instructor.
· Cell phones must remain in lockers. If a cell phone is seen, it will be confiscated. Student may pick up phone at the end of the school day from PE office.
· All absences must be made up unless it was due to a school-sponsored activity.
· All students are permitted one excused absence. After the first absence, each class period must be made up.
· All assessments must be made up before the grading period is over.
· A student is excused from Physical Education only if he/she presents a doctor’s note on the day he/she has class.
· Medical excuses will be made up through outside assignments.
· A parent note will not excuse a student from class activities.
· If a student has an excused or unexcused absence, he/she must complete a make-up assignment. The only exception is for a school-sponsored activity.
· All make up assignments must be completed before the end of each trimester.
· Students are responsible for scheduling a make-up before or after school.
· A missed class may be made up in the YMCA. A make-up consists of 45 minutes of exercise time, according to cardiovascular guidelines.
· Excused tardiness requires a note from a teacher or the office.
· Unexcused tardiness is an automatic 3-point deduction of daily points.
· Students may earn extra credit by completing a make-up workout in the YMCA, following make-up requirements.
· Instructor will provide designated extra credit opportunity days before or after school.
· 30% Heart Rate Data
· 60% Daily Points
· 10% Assessments
· Each student begins every class period with 10 points. Points are taken away based on student behavior.
3 Points Proper Dress
3 Points Personal Responsibility*
4 Points Social Responsibility**
*Personal Responsibility: Language, respect for self & equipment, following directions, playing by the rules.
**Social Responsibility: Respect for others, teamwork, positive leadership, positive communication.