Demonstrates competency in motor skills.
1.1 Performs various object control skills.
- 1.1.1 Catches a ball using mature form during game play.
- 1.1.2 Throws a ball using mature form during game play.
- 1.1.3 Dribbles ball while being guarded and maintains control.
- 1.1.4 Performs cycle in speed stacking using proper patterning sequence.
- 1.1.5 Strikes a moving ball during game play.
- 1.1.6 Manipulates ball with hockey stick during game play.
1.2 Performs various movement patterns & skills.
- 1.2.1 Applies concept of opposition during any action that propels an object forward.
- 1.2.2 Performs jump stop and pivot skills.
- 1.2.3 Combines movement skills to create fluid patterns during game play.
- 1.2.4 Performs V and L cuts to move without the ball during game play.
Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts and strategies.
2.1 Understands the critical elements in a variety of movement patterns.
- 2.1.1 Applies appropriate practice habits to improve performance.
- 2.1.2 Identifies appropriate movement concepts and strategies for game play.
- 2.1.3 Applies basic rules to game play.
2:2 Understands various principles as they apply to physical activities, fitness, and wellness.
- 2.2.1 Models self-sufficiency in utilizing a heart monitor in class.
- 2.2.2 Identifies exercise components and progressions used in class.
Participates regularly in physical activity.
3.1 Regularly participates in moderate to vigorous activities in Physical Education class.
- 3.1.1 Obtains a 15 minute average in their target heart rate zone in class.
- 3.1.2 Modify class activity level using heart rate monitors to average a minimum of 15 in or above personal target heart rate zone.
3.2 Regularly participates in physical activities outside of Physical Education class.
- 3.2.1 Sets goals for activity outside of class
Achieves and maintains a healthy-enhancing level of physical fitness.
4.1 Understands the relationship between regular participation in physical activity and physical fitness.
- 4.1.1 Identifies the health-related components of fitness.
- 4.1.2 Differentiates between activities that develop each component of health-related fitness.
Demonstrates responsible personal and social behaviors in physical activity settings.
5.1 Benchmark Follows class protocols and safety practices.
- 5.1.1 Practices specific skills as assigned until the teacher signals the end of practice.
- 5.1.2 Follows class format and protocols as directed without the need for reminders.
- 5.1.3 Uses equipment safely and properly.
5.2 Exhibits positive social interaction with others.
- 5.2.1 Willing to participate with all members of class without negative comment or reactions.
- 5.2.2 Accepts the teacher’s decision regarding a personal rule infraction without displaying negative reactions.
- 5.2.3 Cooperates on various teams to be a positive game enhancer.