- Proposal deadline: July 2, 2012
- Notification of acceptance: August 1, 2012
- Sessions are 60 minutes in length.
- Conference presenters will receive free registration at the conference and a special Google thank you gift.
- Each classroom comes equipped with a digital projector, audio, wireless and ethernet internet, and an Apple TV.
Possible Session Topics:
- Managing your Google Apps Domain
- Google Docs in middle school
- Peer review using Google Docs
- PBL using Google Apps for Education
- Student portfolios using Google Sites
- Creating a class web portal using Google Sites
- Creating self-grading Google forms
- YouTube for Schools
- Managing Google Docs
- Using Google Moderator for review sessions
- Flipping your classroom with Google
- Google and Privacy
- Google Search in the classroom
- Using Google Docs on the iPad
- Conducting teacher evaluations using Google Forms
Tips for a successful proposal:
- Sessions should focus on an application of a Google product in education.
- The best sessions are more than instructions on how to use a tool, they suggest ideas for integrating that tool in an educational setting.
- All sessions will be classified by ability level (beginner, intermediate, advanced).
- All sessions will be added to one of three tracks:
- Instruction (geared for teachers)
- Technology (geared for IT staff)
- Administration (geared for school administrators)
- Although it is not required, you are encouraged to create a short video "abstract" to promote your session.