- If you want to use codes for homework such as OK, RE, or NO. Go to GRADE MAPPING under the OPTIONS menu.
- Check your settings in the OPTIONS --> PREFERENCES section. You esp. want to look for how your gradebook handles missing grades.
- Make sure you have a Community Portal account, and that your posting to the Community Portal regularly.
The community portal is a website that allows parents to
check their son/daughter's class grades. In order for your class to be
available for them, you will need to create a Community Portal account. Using
the Community Portal is REQUIRED for all teachers. Once you have created your
account, your grades will automatically be posted.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Click this link: https://sapphire.swsd.k12.pa.us/parent/public/PickDistrict.cfm?type=teacher keyword is "mustangs" Agree to the terms and then complete the form. Click "Save form and continue" when done.
2. Print a copy of the completed form and sign the paper copy. Turn the signed form into a Tech Coach or Doug Greenholt. We will need to approve your application. You will receive confirmation by email that your account has been approved. Once you get this email, you can do part 2!
4. Log into your sapphire gradebook: https://sapphire.swsd.k12.pa.us/Gradebook/main.cfm
5. Click into one of our class gradebooks.
6. Go to the UTILITIES menu of your gradebook, then select "Save community portal log in info"
7. Enter your username, password, and PIN. Click "Save Information"
Your grades should now appear everywhere in the community portal.
Note: When creating assignments, you do have the option of "not posting to community portal". If you choose that, parents (and students) will not see that grade appear in the community portal, but they may question that, since it will be counted in the grade, but they can't see it. I have seen a few teachers have to explain this when the grades listed don't equal the percentage shown, b/c they had hid assignments from the parents.