preschool teacher is hired and paid by the parents in the preschool and
plays a vital part in the quality of the preschool program.
- Attends preschool each day the school is in session.
- Works closely with the parent education instructor regarding educational programs and the needs of the group.
- Plans and implements a developmentally appropriate curriculum for the children's preschool.
up the preschool environment. Directs the preschool's daily schedule,
supervising free play, clean-up and leads group times with the
- Checks supplies often and sees that they are purchased.
the parents in their role as assistant teachers, making suggestions
that will help parents to work effectively in the classroom and with
- Models appropriate interactions with children, to include factual commenting, redirecting and problem solving.
- Attends board and preschool meetings sharing the curriculum and feedback regarding preschool happenings.
a current First Aid/CPR card, food handlers permit, and has received
safety training to include child/sexual abuse recognition and reporting
and the handling of blood born pathogens.
- Attends teacher meetings and inservices offered by
South Seattle Community College, as well as workshops and classes
relating to Early Childhood Education.
Other Cooperative Preschool Roles: