parent education instructor is assigned to the preschool by the Home
and Family Life Department at South Seattle Community College. The
- Attends the preschool lab two hours per week.
- Works closely with the preschool teacher regarding educational programs and the needs of the group.
standards for the children's program consistent with current theory,
research and practice in Early Childhood Education.
- Provides parent education information to parents
through a variety of ways: individual consultation, modeling, group
discussions, formal lectures, handouts and parent education seminars.
- Gives assistance to parents in their role as
assistant teachers at preschool, offering guidance in interpreting
behavior, growth and development of young children.
- Helps the group evaluate their program, and assists in the recruitment and hiring of a preschool teacher, when needed.
board meetings and parent meetings providing leadership, instruction,
feedback regarding preschool functions, offering guidance to the board.
- Holds a current First Aid/CPR card, Vocational
Certification, and safety training to include child/sexual abuse
recognition and reporting and the handling of blood born pathogens.
- Attends South Seattle Community College's Home and
Family Life staff meetings and inservices, as well as workshops and
classes relating to Early Childhood Education.
Other Cooperative Preschool Roles: