Welcome to the Southold Elementary School Physical Education Web Page
The program goals listed below are the skills and knowledge students are expected to know and be able to do when they leave the program after sixth grade.
- Demonstrate locomotor skills that contribute to movement proficiency in a variety of activities.
- Demonstrate non-manipulative skills that contribute to movement proficiency in gymnastics, games, dance, and fitness activities.
- Demonstrate competency and knowledge in manipulative skills that apply to a variety of individual, team, outdoor recreational, and fitness activities.
- Understands the concepts of health-related physical fitness.
- Understand the relationship of nutrition and food nutrients to physical performance and body composition.
- Identify and develop social skills to resolve conflicts while maintaining safe and respectful relationships.