mThe Hiker's Rest is situated at Saddlescombe Farm, and has quickly become a popular place to stop over for refreshment and rest. Whether visitors to the farm, or passing walkers and cyclists, the Hiker's Rest serves up to all a variety of traditional, organic food and refreshment.
Local produce is used by the Hiker's Rest, a lot of it coming from the farm; and a proportion of all proceeds from the tea shop goes to our host, the National Trust.
Saddlescombe farm is of considerable historic interest and open days are organised every little while, when visitors are taken on a guided tour of the farm. The next open day is on Sunday 13th September from 10am to 4.00pm.
Please contact the tea shop for more details if you are interested.(email@example.com).
A new farmer has started at Saddlescombe farm
The new farmer has brought to the farm 300 sheep this year. As a consequence additional events at the farm will include Lambing Weekends and Shepherd Days. The first lambing weekend will be on Sunday 5th & Monday 6th of April And Saturday 11th & 12th. There will be a farmers day on Sunday 7th June. For more information about these future events and the new farmer visit the new farmer's web site.
A new addition to the Hikers Rest is this wonderful little vegetable cart. We are selling local produce, and home made Jams and chutney.
You can have a lovely cup of tea, a slice of cake, and take some of the countryside home with you.
General Opening Times
- The Hikers Rest will be open Wednesday till Sunday. CLOSED Monday s & Tuesday s.
- winter open times from 1st October week days 11am till 3.30pm. weekends 11am till 4pm.
- The Hikers Rest will be closed on Monday 19th October to Tuesday 27th due to a Holiday and will re open on Wednesday 28th October.
- November and December the cafe will be open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 4pm.
- The last day we are open is Boxing day 11.30am till 4pm.
- Hot food is served from 11am until 3.30pm.
Look forward as always to serving you at the tea shop.
The Hikers Rest will be open in the spring 2016. A big thank you to all our customers for a great season and a Happy New Year to you all.