mThe Hiker's Rest is situated at Saddlescombe Farm, and has quickly become a popular place to stop over for refreshment and rest. Whether visitors to the farm, or passing walkers and cyclists, the Hiker's Rest serves up to all a variety of traditional, organic food and refreshment.
Local produce is used by the Hiker's Rest, a lot of it coming from the farm; and a proportion of all proceeds from the tea shop goes to our host, the National Trust.
Saddlescombe farm is of considerable historic interest and open days are organised every little while, when visitors are taken on a guided tour of the farm. The next open day is on Sunday 11th September from 10.30am to 4.00pm
Please contact the tea shop for more details if you are interested.(firstname.lastname@example.org).
A new farmer has started at Saddlescombe farm
The new farmer has brought to the farm 300 sheep this year. As a consequence additional events at the farm will include Lambing Weekends and Shepherd Days. The first lambing weekend will be on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd and Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th April.There will be a farmers day on Sunday 5th June. For more information about these future events and the new farmer visit the new farmer's web site.
A new addition to the Hikers Rest is this wonderful little vegetable cart. We are selling local produce, and home made Jams and chutney.
You can have a lovely cup of tea, a slice of cake, and take some of the countryside home with you.
General Opening Times
- The Hikers Rest will be open on Saturday 5th March. Opening times for this season is:-
- Wednesday to Friday 11am to 4.00pm Saturday & Sunday 11am to 5.00pm
- Closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Always open on Bank Holiday Mondays 11am to 4.00pm
- Hot food served from 11am to 3.30pm week days, Weekends 11am to 4.30pm
- Hello to all my lovely customers, some sad news, The Hikers Rest will be closing down at the end of September 2016 due to moving abroard. Ive had a fantastic 7 years at Saddlescombe Farm and met some amazing people. I could not of done this with out all your support. A big, big Thank you to you all.
Look forward as always to serving you at the tea shop.