A punch card will contain "punches" worth $2.25 ($2.14 cost of disposal plus 5% governmental GRT). Each "punch" will allow the cardholder to dispose of solid waste per the following Solid Waste Disposal Fee schedule for residential waste:
- An original Punch Card (no photocopies or facsimiles will be accepted) must be presented and punched at the Collection Center prior to disposal of any solid waste at that Transfer Station during posted business hours.
- Each time a Person goes to a Collection to dispose of solid waste, an attendant will punch the Punch Card immediately prior to disposal of the solid waste in accordance with the Fee Schedule.
- When a Punch Card has been completely punched, the Person will then be required to purchase another Punch Card prior to disposal of any further solid waste at a Collection.
- The County is not responsible for and will not replace lost or destroyed punch cards.
For any questions, please contact the County manager’s office at 575.835.0589. For a copy of the complete ordinance, please visit our Ordinance Page.
Punch cards of multiple values can be purchased at the County Manager’s Office at 210 Park Street in Socorro. 20-punch Cards ($45 actual cost), can be purchased at the County Treasurer’s Office, Northern Socorro County Senior Center, and Magdalena Senior Center. 20-punch convenience cards ($45 actual cost + $5.00 vendor convenience fee) can be purchased at San Antonio General Store, Roadrunner Travel Center & Veguita Trading Post for $50.00.
Collection Center Hours of Operation
In order to ensure environmental compliance and area cleanliness, collection centers may be closed during periods of high-winds. Please call to verify if a station has been closed.
Polvadera Collection Center: Wednesday - Sunday, 9 AM - 5 PM (open through the noon hour)
La Joya Collection Center: Wednesday - Sunday, 9 AM - 3 PM (open during the noon hour)
Veguita Collection Center: Wednesday - Sunday, 9 AM - 5 PM (open during the noon hour)
88 Carlos Martinez Rd, Veguita NM
San Antonio Collection Center: Wednesday - Sunday, 9 AM - 5 PM (open during the noon hour)
83 El Alto Rd., San Antonio, NM 87832
Village of Magdalena Collection Center: Friday & Saturday
· 30-yard containers: $372.00 per haul + $1.27 per- loaded–mile charge* + GRT**
* Per-mile charge will be calculated as the one-way distance between the pickup site and City of Socorro landfill.
** Current governmental GRT is 5%
Additionally, all commercial customers: