The major differences are:
As a student with a disability, it is important for you to know Saint Mary's University prides itself on creating a learning environment responsive to all students, while fully complying with ADA and Section 504 requirements. If you are a student with a disability, please know you have the right to equal access of all programs provided on the Saint Mary's University campus. However, it is essential you realize college is different from high school in multiple ways.
1. The student, not the school, initiates the process of getting accommodations through Disability Services.
2. You are responsible for providing documentation of your disability from the appropriate professionals. This includes documentation of what accommodations have been beneficial for you in the past.
3. Decisions on accommodations are made on an individual basis. Accommodations may vary from class to class, and may be different for individuals with the same disability.
4. Accommodations must be reviewed and/or renewed at the start of each academic semester. Please make an appointment with the Director of Disability Services early in the semester.
5. New animal policy located under Information -> Students.