The mission of Scouting
is to contribute to the education of young people
, through a value system based on the Scout Promise and Law
, to help build a better world
where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in society. This is achieved by:
- involving them throughout their formative years in a non-formal educational process
- using a specific method that makes each individual the principal agent of his or her development as a self-reliant, supportive, responsible and committed person
- assisting them to establish a value system based upon spiritual, social and personal principles as expressed in the Promise and Law.
The Scout Promise
On my honour I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and the King (or to God and my Country);
To help other people at all times;
To obey the Scout Law.
The Scout Law
1. A Scout’s honour is to be trusted.
2. A Scout is loyal.
3. A Scout’s duty is to be useful and to help others.
4. A Scout is a friend to all and a brother to every other Scout.
5. A Scout is courteous.
6. A Scout is a friend to animals.
7. A Scout obeys orders of his parents, Patrol Leader or Scoutmaster without question.
8. A Scout smiles and whistles under all difficulties.
9. A Scout is thrifty.
10. A Scout is clean in thought, word and deed.