This Week at School
February 11, 2019
We have a very busy few weeks ahead of us! Here is a quick reference for you.
- Electives are on Thursdays in February 14th, 21st and 28th. Please make sure that your child is ready for the elective. For skating, please make sure that students have a helmet and skates in a separate bag. Plastic grocery bags tend to rip with the skates.
- Friday, February 15th - Students will present their poems on this day. Students brought home the poems over two weeks ago. Hopefully by now, students have practised and are ready to go!
- Friday, February 15th - We will celebrate Valentine's Day on this day since Thursday is electives and the grade three students will be gone all day. A list of student names will go home to help with Valentines if you wish to send them in. There is also a spirit day on this day - Wear red, white or pink!
- Ms. Hammond will return for her practise teaching block after the Family Day weekend. We are excited to have her back!
Grade two students have been trying to finish their research project on a holiday (too many snow days!). Grade three students are learning about land use in Ontario.
- A note will be going home about a new incentive program for the STARS reading program. Reading at home is encouraged each day. Please see the note for details.
- Math Before Bed - I am finding that many students are not completing this and returning it on Thursdays each week. Students receive the question on Monday and are to return by Thursday. If there is a reason why it can not be completed in that time, please let me know and complete it as soon as possible.
Have a great week!
What If Everbody Did That
Our class was working on a book together that we have finally published as a movie. It is based on the book "What if Everybody Did That?" by Ellen Javernick. We put a Saint Mary twist on the rules of the school in our version!