The CRHS Home Teaching Program (Home School) is designed for students whose parents are actively involved in their education.
Parents are responsible for the day-to-day instruction of their children under the guidance and support of a credentialed teacher.
High school students will also have access to subject area teachers in the core courses.
These teachers may assist in the assignment and evaluation of student work are available for consultation and evaluation during the semester, and are responsible for the final examinations which must be proctored in all college prep core courses.
High school students may also take area classes from highly qualified instructors, enroll in community college classes, or take approved distance learning (web-based) courses.
THE LEARNING COACH
Parent involvement is integral to student success in our program.
Parents must oversee their student in the role of an education facilitator and Learning Coach
- to ensure that all weekly assignments are being completed
- to ensure their student is attending their weekly or monthly meetings with their ST
- parents are attending the required monthly attendance meetings as requested by their ST
- be available to their student for further home school instruction on all assignments and projects
- continue support at home with education instruction/support in writing, research, mathematics, technology, reading, critical thinking, editing, Cornell note taking, organization, life skills, and time management skills.