Student United Way of Greater St. Louis is a student-led branch of United Way of Greater St. Louis uniting local colleges and universities. As members of the first regional organization of its kind, students advance the common good through Giving, Educating, and Volunteering. Students raise funds for health and human service programs and agencies, facilitate a grant program to enable fellow students to bring meaningful change within the community, educate college and university communities about the efforts of United Way and its member agencies, and promote volunteerism and opportunities to engage in the community. Join the growing Student United Way movement and become a leader in your community as a philanthropist, an educator, a volunteer, and one of the Students Helping People.
Student United Way of Saint Louis University is a student-led branch of the United Way of Greater St. Louis comprised of student volunteers devoted
to lending their time and talent to strengthen the greater St. Louis community.
Student United Way aims to:
1. Educate students and the university community about United Way of Greater St. Louis and its member agencies
2. Raise funds for health and human service initiatives throughout the Greater St. Louis region
3. Facilitate a grant funding program that will enable students to champion philanthropic efforts and bring meaningful change within the community
4. Promote volunteerism and offer opportunities to engage in the community
5. Help students get connected with leaders and organizations from throughout the region
6. Link students and the university with the national Live United movement
-->Did you know there are 1300 United Ways across the U.S. and United Way of Greater St. Louis ranks as the 5th largest in funds raised? Serving the 16 counties of the St. Louis region, United Way of Greater St. Louis independently raised $72 million for over 170 local nonprofit, health and human service agencies. College and graduate students from any county of St. Louis can help.
For more information of Student United Way, view our general information flyer under the "Attachment" section of the "Links" page.