Saint Louis University Student Occupational Therapy Association
SOTA's Mission Statement: "To enhance the knowledge of the profession of Occupational Therapy through professional, educational, community, and social activities. The organization will facilitate opportunities for camaraderie among students, as well as provide meaningful, productive interaction with faculty. ”
The students of SOTA plan to honor their mission through:
*Providing internships and shadowing opportunities to OT students.
*Educating the SLU community of the OT profession.
*Collaborating with other OT programs throughout the Saint Louis area.
*Plan social activities that provide further education and cooperation for members.
*Giving back to the Saint Louis community through volunteering.
President: Emily Barnas(email@example.com)
- MOT 1
- From Arlington
- Loves music
- I am SO
excited for all the things that SOTA has planned for this year!
Vice President: Tara Gogerty (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Decatur, Illinois (See corn and soybeans? You’re there!)
in the Mass Choir here at SLU’s College Church.
am a Disney fanatic!
- I LOVE the Harry Potter and Percy Jackson
- Am the President’s right hand man (so to
- President fill-in if needed
- AOTA student representative
Secretary: Lauren Stokke(email@example.com)
- MOT 1
- Post-bacc – went to Luther College in Decorah, Iowa
- From Ames, Iowa
- I love running, cooking, and watching Pixar movies J
- I can’t wait to get to know everyone in SOTA!
- As secretary I:
- Put together powerpoints for SOTA meetings
- Take notes at weekly meetings
- Manage the SOTA website
Service Chair: Claire Foran (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Junior in the OS/OT program
- I am from Cincinnati, Ohio
- I love baking and watching the Real Housewives J
- I enjoy serving the community of Saint Louis. My
service involvement while at SLU includes:
- Campus Kitchen, teacher’s aid at Peabody Elementary
school, ACS Hope Lodge, SLU Dance Marathon and Relay for Life
- Currently a volunteer at Cornerstone Center for Early
Education Chair: Beth Laschober (email@example.com)
- MOT 1
- From St. Louis (went to Ursuline Academy)
- I love being outdoors, crafting, and baking
- OT is the best profession!
- What I do: plan educational events for SOTA and the SLU community!
Fundraising Chair: Emily Rahaby & Tessa Boston (firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com)
- Emily Rabahy
- From Detroit
- Birthday on Halloween
- Coffee a day keeps the doc away
- Tessa Boston
- From the middle of nowhere in Illinois
- Studied abroad in Italy
- Naps at least twice a day
Merchandise Chair: Kendra Ford(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Huge University of Illinois fan -GO ILLINI!
- I am from the Champaign, IL area (small town of Fithian)
- Went to a very small high school, graduating class of
about 50 students
- I have two younger sisters
- I transferred here my sophomore year
- First year on SOTA
- Responsibilities include:
- Order polos for Fieldwork/ACSE sites
- Come up with other merchandise to sell (twice a year)
- Send orders to merchandise printing company
- Pass out merchandise once it comes in
- You get to be creative!!
Social Chair: Molly Rathert & Hannah Dillon (email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org)
Talking to anyone/anything that will listen, walking, singingly badly
- Hannah Dillon
- Interests: Hiking, making crafts, watching Netflix
Membership Chair: Chloe Wielgopolan & Kayla Struttmann (email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Chloe Wielgopolan
- Ottawa, IL (an hour and a half southwest of Chicago)
- I bought my puppy on Craig’s list
- Co-Membership Chair
- Help pick themes/activities for meetings
- Manage OT Circle Assignments
- In charge of volunteer attendence
- Kayla Struttmann
- From St. Louis
- Attended Cor Jesu Academy
- 2 brothers and
- I love running
and playing soccer.
- Co-chair of
- Help pick themes for
- Work on OT Circles
- Activities for