Symposium schedule and list of poster titles and presenters is available here: Poster listing
When: Monday, May 2, 2016 3:30-6:00 p.m.
What: Poster session and student competition
Where: Saint Louis Room, Busch Student Center
Students put up posters: 3:30-4:00
Judging of student posters: 4:00-4:45
Awards and Sigma Xi New Member Inductions: 5:30-6:00
Abstract Submission deadline: 5:00 p.m. Friday, March 25, 2016
Undergraduate and graduate students, and faculty members in the areas of math, social/behavioral sciences, physical science, biological/life sciences, and engineering, are invited to submit an abstract. Due to limited space, preference will be given to Sigma Xi Members if we receive an overwhelming response.
Abstract Submission Guideline
- Abstract must be in Microsoft Word.
- Type in the title, followed by
authors’ names and departments.
- Specify whether undergraduate or
- Specify which section you are entering
(life/biological sciences; physical sciences/engineering/mathematics; or social/behavioral
- Abstract should include a brief
topic background, research question, method, brief results
- No footnotes should be included
- Abstract should be no longer than
200 words, excluding the title and authors’ names and affiliations.
- Abstract should have the first
author’s contact information at the end (full name and e-mail address).
- The file name should be Research
Symposium 2016_first author’s full name. For example, Research Symposium
- Abstract should be sent to email@example.com.
- Deadline for abstract submission is
5:00pm, Friday, March 25th, 2016.
research that involves animals, human subjects or bio/chemical agents and/or
radiation must receive the appropriate institutional approvals. Please see the link below for further
Information about the presentation can be found here.
Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions.
Nominations for membership are currently being accepted.