Sponsors: Saint Louis University Department of Biology, College of Arts & Sciences and Graduate Education
Research awards are available on a competitive basis to encourage the research use and increase visibility of the Reis Biological Station.
- Purpose: To support student and faculty research activities at RBS and enhance research productivity.
- Amount: The number and amount of individual awards vary from year to year, depending on available funding. Awards are intended to cover supplies and travel for the study. Housing at the station is provided to all awardees. Awardees are expected to spend a substantial amount of time based at the Station.
- Eligibility: Faculty, graduate and undergraduate students enrolled at Saint Louis University are eligible to apply for awards. Students must have a Faculty research mentor.
- Dates: A complete application must be submitted electronically to Dr. Thomas Valone (email@example.com) no later than March 2, 2012. Awards wll be announced by April 1, 2012.
Application requirements: Your application must include the following:
- Faculty applicants must submit a CV. Student applicants must submit either a CV or a biography that lists relevant courses completed and a brief description of research experience.
- Research proposal (maximum two pages, not including citations) describing the work to be accomplished, its significance, a tentative timeline of activities, and the likelihood that the work will result in a timely publication. Be sure to list potential publication outlet(s) for the work.
- Budget (one page).
- Students must submit a letter of support from the faculty advisor that includes the advisor's approval of the student's work plan. The letter must describe the level of faculty supervision and include a comment on the likelihood that a timely publication will result from the award.
Note: Special consideration will be given to projects that are conducted exclusively at (or in close proximity to) the Reis station and that are deemed to have a high probability of timely publication.
Click here to see a list of awardees and abstracts of their projects.