All personnel who will be handling live vertebrate animals are required to be listed on an animal use protocol and be properly trained.
The steps needed to complete this are:
- Submit the Contact Information & Mandatory Animal Use and OHP Registration Form
- (start by clicking the green Contact & Registration button below).
- Start the Amendment adding that person to the protocol in eSirius.
If you have questions about Mandatory Animal Use and OHP Orientation contact Steve Tinge @ firstname.lastname@example.org
IACUC Required Training for Use of Animals
- Federal regulations require that persons working with animals used for teaching or research be competent to perform their assigned duties and further require that competency be documented. This requirement extends to all personnel who perform procedures on live animals.
- All personnel who work with laboratory animals should be familiar with the facilities and policies of the Department of Comparative Medicine.
- In order to comply with both of these requirements, the Saint Louis University Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) has authorized the Department of Comparative Medicine to develop and present a mandatory training and orientation program. The program is presented twice each month.
- No Protocol will be approved until all named personnel who handle or perform any procedure on living animals have attended the program.
- Training is provided by Comparative Medicine on the 5th floor of the Medical School in the CM Conference Room.