Awards Policy: Conference Awards
All Conference Award Applications are due within 30 days after the end of the conference. No exceptions!
Please read through the Conference Award Instructions & Checklist(UPDATED 2014)
Please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Conference Presentation and Attendance Awards (CPA) are given to graduate students to help cover the cost associated with participating in academic conferences. While the amount can be more for those presenting a paper at a conference, smaller awards are also given to graduate students for attending an academic conference.
• For conference attendance: 50% of eligible costs up to $200.00
• For conference presentation (in the US): 50% of costs up to $300.00
• For conference presentation (foreign): 50% of costs up to $400.00
(These amounts are subject to change at the discretion of the GSA Executive Board. Any changes will be announced to the General Assembly and will go into effect immediately.)
Number of awards
The GSA will give conference awards to as many as apply and are eligible, but not exceeding the limit of the GSA’s awards budget. Application for an award is not a guarantee of its acceptance.
• Applicant must be a current graduate student at Saint Louis University.
• The applicant’s academic department must be in good standing with GSA during the time of the conference presentation or attendance (see website for additional information).
• Applicants can only apply for the conference travel award once per year (Current year is July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015).
• The award will only cover eligible expenses within 1 day of the conference.
• The applicant cannot receive continuing education credits for conference attendance.
• The applicant cannot claim meal expenses above SLU’s daily per diem rate.
Examples of Ineligible Expenses:
Students requesting a Conference Award must complete a GSA Conference Award Application and submit to the GSA Office no later than 30 days after the end of the conference. The application must include the signatures of the applicant and department representative.
If alternative funding is received by the applicant for the conference, this amount must be specified on the Conference Award Application Excel sheet. The GSA Conference Award may only cover the amount paid by the graduate student that is not covered by alternative funding.
International Travel Insurance
To prepare and safeguard Saint Louis University students studying abroad, the Office of International Services adopted a comprehensive insurance package, mandatory for all students participating in a Saint Louis University International Program. International Programs include, but are not limited to, an international program of study, research, service or other University sponsored international experience. Additional information regarding the HTH Worldwide insurance policy, including a link the online application and payment, may be found on the International Health Insurance Study Abroad webpage. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Annie Cavedine, in the Office of International Services, 314-977-4081 or email@example.com
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page
or contact LaTrina Parker in the GSA office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 977-2234