Geriatric Medicine Fellowship: Overall Program Educational GoalsThe Program will ensure that by the end of the 12 month accredited training, the fellows can practice competently and independently in the field of geriatric medicine and be eligible for board certification examination. The fellow will achieve this by
1) serving as the primary care provider for patients seen in continuity settings
2) managing geriatric medicine patients in the acute care setting
3) managing patients in the sub-acute and long-term care settings
4) performing geriatric medicine consultations
5) managing geriatric psychiatry, rehabilitation, and hospice/palliative care conditions and
6) performing the components of a comprehensive geriatric medicine assessment.
Milta Oyola Little, D.O.
Fellowship Program Director